20 Episodes • Includes 12-page episode guide
Voices from the Standing Rock, Cheyenne River, Pine Ridge, and Rosebud communities and reflects all local dialects.
This 20-episode Lakota language edition of the Berenstain Bears is a first of its kind - the first Native American language cartoon series EVER. The objective of this innovative TV series is to not only entertain Lakota children of all ages, but most importantly to do so in a manner that will allow them to absorb their own language through culturally relevant storylines and characters.
Fun for all generations in Lakota speaking households!
• Downloadable companion sheets that include a glossary and review questions
• Entertaining and Fun!
• Reflects all key Lakota values (Wóohitike – Bravery; Wóohola – Respect; Generosity; Fortitude)
• Full of idiomatic expressions that help make language real
• Lots of family interactions, reflecting day-to-day life
• Helps bring Lakota language into the home
If you find this series useful and important please consider a donation. All contributions are greatly appreciated and tax-deductable: